How to add a new platform¶
If you are interested in changing the communications library, go to the section below.
To add a new platform, open the <experiments_directory>/cxxx/conf/platforms_cxxx.conf file where cxxx is the experiment identifier and add this text:
[new_platform] TYPE = <platform_type> HOST = <host_name> PROJECT = <project> USER = <user> SCRATCH = <scratch_dir>
This will create a platform named “new_platform”. The options specified are all mandatory:
- TYPE: queue type for the platform. Options supported are PBS, SGE, PS, LSF, ecaccess and SLURM.
- HOST: hostname of the platform
- PROJECT: project for the machine scheduler
- USER: user for the machine scheduler
- SCRATCH_DIR: path to the scratch directory of the machine
- VERSION: determines de version of the platform type
With some platform types, Autosubmit may also need the version, forcing you to add the parameter VERSION. These platforms are PBS (options: 10, 11, 12) and ecaccess (options: pbs, loadleveler).
Some platforms may require to run serial jobs in a different queue or platform. To avoid changing the job configuration, you can specify what platform or queue to use to run serial jobs assigned to this platform:
- SERIAL_PLATFORM: if specified, Autosubmit will run jobs with only one processor in the specified platform.
- SERIAL_QUEUE: if specified, Autosubmit will run jobs with only one processor in the specified queue. Autosubmit will ignore this configuration if SERIAL_PLATFORM is provided
There are some other parameters that you may need to specify:
- BUDGET: budget account for the machine scheduler. If omitted, takes the value defined in PROJECT
- ADD_PROJECT_TO_HOST = option to add project name to host. This is required for some HPCs
- QUEUE: if given, Autosubmit will add jobs to the given queue instead of platform’s default queue
- TEST_SUITE: if true, autosubmit test command can use this queue as a main queue. Defaults to false
- MAX_WAITING_JOBS: maximum number of jobs to be waiting in this platform.
- TOTAL_JOBS: maximum number of jobs to be running at the same time in this platform.
- CUSTOM_DIRECTIVES: Custom directives for the resource manager of this platform.
[platform] TYPE = SGE HOST = hostname PROJECT = my_project ADD_PROJECT_TO_HOST = true USER = my_user SCRATCH_DIR = /scratch TEST_SUITE = True CUSTOM_DIRECTIVES = [ "my_directive" ]